Thursday, March 29, 2012

Things that Have Happened Since I Last Posted

  • BH celebrated his 43rd birthday.
  • We went on an old-fashioned Sunday drive to see the spring wildflowers that are blooming like crazy right now after months of severe drought followed by a wet winter. It was beautiful and probably quite the opposite of what most people who've never been to Texas picture when they imagine our state.

  • I began composing my will.
  • BH's youngest son, F, came to live with us. On Monday. It was rough, but the best thing for this kiddo who needs his dad in his life.
  • Many tears were shed.
  • Adjustments were made.
  • F started school at his new school today. Scary, I'm sure. Remember sixth grade?
  • I canceled our trip to Ireland, which was supposed to begin 2 weeks from tomorrow.
  • I found out I need a root canal. And I'm getting it done today.
  • I found out we're getting a fat tax refund, which was originally earmarked for our trip but some of which will now go to pay for my stupid root canal. Sexy.
  •  My wonderful friends Joshelle from Portland and their kick-ass kiddo Ruby Bird arrived in Austin for a visit.
  • I dreamed that I was at a Sammy Hagar ("I Can't Drive 55"/Red Rocker-era Sammy) and Stevie Nicks concert at a waterpark (Sea World), and I was going down this massive waterslide that, of course, went over the stage where Stevie and Sammy were performing, and somehow, I ended up dangerously clinging to the outside of the slide tube. And who saved me? In front of the performers and the crowd? Why, MacGyver, of course. That's right: Richard Dean Anderson showed up, frosted mullet and all, and saved my ass.

No comments: