Monday, November 16, 2009

The best salad ever. I promise.

There's a joint here in Austin called House Pizzeria. It's up on Airport Boulevard. If you haven't been there, go. Like, now. The pizzas are imaginative and very, very good. But the thing that made me fall in love with this place is a damn spinach salad they serve. And it's the simplest thing in the world to make, which is good since I'm currently OBSESSED with it and make it at least a couple of times a week.

First, put your baby spinach leaves in a bowl. Get the pre-washed, baby spinach because it makes the prep time so much easier and faster, which means that the salad gets into your mouf mo' faster.
Second, drizzle just a little bit of olive oil on the leaves and put a little bit of sea salt. Gently toss. Don't put too much olive oil or toss to crazily b/c you'll bruise the leaves. Next, squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon on the leaves.



Last bit, add some freshly shaved Parmesean.

And you're done*.

Serve (or eat) right away or the leaves will get wilty.

*House Pizzeria puts dried, crumbled salami on it if you order off the menu. But I don't eat salami, so this is the only way I've ever had it. It's the simplicity that makes it so amazing.

You're welcome.

2 comments:

Sinda said...

This has been my go-to salad dressing since a friend introduced me to it in college. LOVE IT. Especially with romaine, but really, with all leaves.

Mandy said...

Their potato and goat cheese pizza is my current obsession! Luckily they are very close to me so no need to recreate it at home (plus their pizza crust is so perfect, there's no way pizza at home would be as good).