Sunday, June 25, 2006

My real resume.

All day today, I've been trying to clean up and resurrect my resume in preparation for this Team Leader job I'm going for. It's not an easy thing to do. The last time this sucker was updated was 2001, and it was done for a much different purpose than what I'm tweaking it for now. I've been struggling with it most of today. Trying to represent all that I've done and all that I do without getting too bogged down in minutiae and not losing the depth of my experience. It's a tough balancing act. There are things I accomplished in a job I had 6 years ago that I think are relevant to this job I'm going for. But do I include that shit? Does that seem desperate?

I wish I could just submit a piece of paper that says, "In lieu of a resume, let me just say that I'm the right person for this job. You know it. I know it. See you at the interview." But I don't think that would fly well.

I also completed my cover letter today too. Now I'm about to embark on writing questions for my "business partners" and "potential Team Members" so that when I meet with them all individually some time over the next 2 weeks, I'll solicit answers to questions that will hopefully inform the creation of my Vision Statement and Action Plan that will be presented and examined during my interview.

Good God, people. This whole thing is pretty nuts. I'm already envisioning a vacation on a beach somewhere to decompress after this whole thing is over and done with.

Okay. Enough blogging. Back to building my career.

3 comments:

Karla said...

Resumes are the absolute last ass end of suckville.

Ugh yuck horrors.

I HATE doing them for myself. Other people? No probs. Me? ARG!

But I know, in my heart, you are gonna get the job....I know it.

Anonymous said...

I know it, too!

Bookhart said...

I think it's in the bag. You just have to jump through the proper hoops, like getting the resume on the up and up. Good luck. I hate looking at mine.