Friday, December 16, 2005

Hand-Me-Downs RULE!

I am so lucky. Scratch that. The Geej is so lucky. From even before her arrival, my wonderful, WONDERFUL girlfriends began showering me with gently used clothes from their own children. I am lucky because Malcontent Mama's daughter (who also happens to be my goddaughter) is seasonally in sync with The Geej when it comes to sizes. But I've also gotten clothes from this gal, and this one, and at least 4 or 5 others. I've only actually BOUGHT this child o' mine about $100 worth of stuff in the past year. It's very cool to be in this clothing pipeline as a) it saves money, b) it makes sense from a recycling, conscious consumerism perspective, and c) the damn kids outgrow stuff so fast anyway that they probably only wear it 3 or 4 times before it's dunzo.
The outfit you see here was a hand-me-down, and I'm embarrassed to say that I can't remember from whom. But I've been dying to see The Geej in it since the day I got it. Today she wore it to daycare since it's her last day there for two weeks (that's right, they're closed for two weeks, but I'm lucky enough to get to pay a full month's tuition. Yay!). Might I just say, she looked edible.

No comments: