Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I'm a homeowner, bitches!

Well...almost. I close on 11/18. Crazy, no? I feel like such a grown up and shit. Look at me! I'm gonna have a mortgage! Yay!

So here's the skinny:
Built in 1981. 3/2. 1660 sq. ft. MIL plan. Formal dining. Kick ass covered deck. It's in south Austin (literally less than 1/2 mi. from MoPac). Has crown molding throughout. Cool fixtures and hardware. Newish appliances. Roof only 2 yrs. old. HVAC only 5 yrs. old. No foundation problems. And...perhaps most important to me these days...A DISHWASHER!!! As scared as I am about what it means to be a homeowner, I'm just as excited about what it's going to mean to have our own place. I can see the Geej and I here for quite a while.

The next few weeks are going to be beyond busy for me (I move the Saturday after Thanksgiving), so I predict sporadic postings. But once I get moved and settled, I'm sure you'll get to read a bunch of posts about paint colors and bathroom tile and different exterior door styles. Lucky you!

5 comments:

Badger said...

Dude! Congrats! That deck looks like all kinds of fun. When's the party? ;)

Bookhart said...

LOVE the deck! Love the location! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!

kristen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I love it! I can't wait to see it. The deck is the best.

Anonymous said...

Shoot, that was me. Lane.