Sunday, December 12, 2004

Priorities? What priorities?

As I sit down to write this, it's 12:40 am, Sunday, December 12th. Most of my day today has been filled with getting ready for The Trip. Granted, I managed to find time to make a lovely dinner of Bok Choy and Tofu, watch some of the VH-1 "America's Next Top Model" marathon, and then, of course, the "My First Time" episode of "My Coolest Years," but I was doing laundry and balancing my checkbook and whatnot during all of this. However, despite my multitasking, I'm afraid my somewhat leisurely pace has made it so that I'm still not ready. I mean, I've got almost everything crossed off my Saturday "To Do" list, but I'll most likely be up for at least another hour and a half. But I just realized something funny--or disgusting, depending on how you look at it: Every time I'm about to go on a big trip (and by "big" I mean longer than about 3 days), I make a list for myself of all of the stuff I've got to do before I leave. I have a yellow legal pad that I reserve for this honored purpose. Anyhoo, it's a countdown of sorts, that just helps me keep on task as best I can, and usually helps me remember all of the important things I'm supposed to take care of prior to me taking off. A typical entry is, "vacuum," or "Take the trash out." You know, exciting domestic stuff like that. But I swear, every time I make this list, there are two items that are ALWAYS on the list:
  • Shave legs
  • Clean bathtub
How sad is that? The last time I shaved my legs was before I left for Vegas, and that was the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Same thing. They were on my list: Shave legs. Clean Tub. I mean, they're so hairy by the time I break down and shave them, that cleaning the tub immediately afterward is simply mandatory unless I want a visit from the health department. So, I'm not a girly girl. B.F.D. I don't know how to use a blow dryer either. So sue me.
Anyway, I'm going to try to post while I'm in Russia, but I'm not sure how that's going to work out. I'm taking my digital camera and docking cord, so hopefully I can even post photos.
Please pray for me. Please send positive karmic thoughts my way. I need all the help I can get.
So, I guess I should get back to it. Next on the list? You guessed it: Shave legs. Clean bathtub.

No comments: